You can get a disposable deep-dish casserole pan or the recipe can be used to make two 8 x 8 lasagnas - which I did.
- 2 pounds Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 Red Onion (diced)
- 6 Cloves Fresh Garlic (minced)
- 2 TB Dried Oregano
- 2 Cups Loosely Packed Fresh Chopped Basil
- 38 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- 32 ounces of Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cups of Egg Beaters
- 1 Package of "No Pre-Cook" Dry Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Package of Fresh Shredded Cheddar
- 1 Package of Sliced Mozzarella
- 5 Medium Fresh Zucchini (sliced lengthwise)
Assembly:Start with a layer of meat sauce. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles. Then spread on a layer of the Ricotta-Egg mixture. Add another layer of meat sauce and then assemble mozzarella slices to top. Next add a layer of fresh sliced zucchini. Top that with the Ricotta-Egg mixture. Then add a layer of meat sauce. Then add another layer of noodles and more mozzarella and meat sauce. Finish with a final layer of shredded mozzarella.
Loosely cover the lasagna with foil to prevent the cheese from browning too soon. Cook on 325 degrees for about and hour to one and a half hours. Remove foil at the end of the cooking cycle for about 15 minutes to brown the top slightly.
I have also made this recipe with just Zucchini and no pasta. You can also use ground beef or buffalo instead of turkey.